- Peer mobilization using community volunteers
- Sensitization and Information Sharing sessions (Health Workers)
- Platform for discussion of related SRHR issues (Radio programming)
- Broader stakeholder engagement
- Linkage with Gender Based Violence campaign (Sporting event)
Empower adolescents and youth to engage with policy and programming on youth health and be responsible for their health and wellbeing. (Objective 6 in the SA Adolescent Health & Youth Policy)
Supported by Her Voice / Global Funds
Activities planned for implementation:
December 2018 – June 2019
- Goodness Simamane is a Registered Health Care Giver and Volunteer Facilitator.
- Dawn Menke is a Registered Nursing Sister, Volunteer Facilitator and Board Member.
- Lisa Pennington is a Peer Mobilizer, Project Assistant and Volunteer.
- Siphokazi Cele is a Registered Social Worker and Project Volunteer.
Pipeline - To Do (ASHRHR & AGYW)
July 2019 - December 2019
Use innovative, youth-oriented programmes and technologies to promote the health and wellbeing of adolescents and youth
- Provide a package of services for adolescents and youth
- Scale up IT platforms to promote engagement of adolescents and youth with the health service
- Support efforts to raise awareness and reduce the incidence of gender based violence in communities.